Frequently Asked Questions

What happens if my young person's needs are not declared?

You will be contacted and asked to collect your child.

What happens if my child does not have support but requires it?

If your young person attends our activity without the appropriate support they may not be allowed to stay to take part in the activity and if you have already left you will be contacted and asked to collect them.

My young person has additional needs. How can you help?

Positive Activities are fully inclusive (as well as all other delivery provided by the service), and we try to support all children and young people. It is important that we are informed of any additional needs your young person has, so we can support them in the best way possible and ensure they get the very best out of the activity or course they are taking part in. . There is an SEND Survey that you can complete for your young people providing details of their additional needs.

My young person requires 1-to-1 support. Do you provide this? 

If your young person needs 1:1 support, unfortunately we (Barnet Council’s Child & Family Early Help Programmes Team) aren’t able to provide 1:1 or additional support for a young person to access any of our activities, courses or programmes. Your 1:1 support worker would need to be provided by you as a parent/carer or any professionals (Social Worker/ 0-19 Practitioner etc) involved with your young person. The worker providing 1:1 support would need to be DBS checked and meet all the requirements to support a young person with SEND (Special Educational Needs or Disabilities and or Autism). Also the worker can be arranged by contacting the Short Breaks Team or Disabled Children’s Team and using your Short Breaks allocation. If you don’t have knowledge about these two teams please know that you can contact them and find out if your child is eligible: -
Short Breaks: - https://www.barnet.gov.uk/children-and-families/children-and-young-people-disabilities/disabled-childrens-activities-short-0
0-25 Disability Service: - https://www.barnet.gov.uk/children-and-families/children-and-young-people-disabilities/0-25-disability-service