Summer BACE Camps are for children and young people who get Free School Meals. BACE Holiday Camps are paid for by the Department of Education under the HAF funding.
Each camp will have:
- Sports and games such as multi-sports activities, which could include football, cricket or athletics.
- A creative activity, such as arts and crafts, circus skills or performing arts.
- All activities encourage children to think about healthy eating and being active.
- LUNCH will be provided (Vegan, Vegetarian, Halal and Kosher options available)
- Each day your child will need to bring a bottle of water with their name on it.
These activities will be run by organisations from the local community on behalf of BACE Holidays. All camp staff will be DBS checked and insured.
All camps are open to all children of all needs and abilities
If your child has a physical disability/special educational needs and requires 1:1 support/ personal care/group support or has an EHCP at school please email:- BACEHolidays@barnet.gov.uk to make sure we can put the right support in place.
Please make sure your child/young person wears clothes that they can run around in and play. Also think about the weather, as some activities will take place outdoors.
Please make sure your child has sun cream and water-proof clothing for rainy days.
Asthma or Allergies:
If your child uses an inhaler or epi pen. You MUST make sure that they bring this along with them every day and let the camp staff know. If you do not, you will be asked to take your child home.
Please do not bring to camp any valuables or tech gadgets including mobile phones, tablets or gaming devices. London Borough of Barnet and the activity provider are not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
- Activities will be different each day and will be different for each age groups.
- The camps run for 4 days a week and spaces are limited, so if your child is unable to attend please let us know beforehand so we can offer that place to another child.
- Parents and carers will not be able to wait on site for the duration of the activity.
- There will be drop-off and collection points only - please plan ahead if travelling by car as parking may not be available the London Borough of Barnet are not responsible for any parking at the venue.
- If you would like your child to be grouped or put with another child due to them being friends, or due to travel arrangements, please can both parents/carers let the camp staff know in the first day during registration.
- All courses are subject to change or cancellation at the discretion of the London Borough of Barnet, Children's Service.
Go to www.barnetyouth.uk/BACE-Holidays for our FAQs and to access resources.
Want to book onto an Summer activity? Follow these next steps:
- Press the 'Login or Register to book' button on the course page and complete and submit a booking.
- If your application has been successful, you will receive an email confirming your child/ young person’s place.
- Turn up to your chosen course and have FUN!
Don’t forget to spread the word to other children and young people within Barnet. Watch this space for new and exciting courses that will be advertised on the Barnet Youth website!
BACE Holidays is for children aged 4 to16 (Reception-Year 11) who are in receipt of Free School Meals who school in the Borough of Barnet. You will need to provide your proof of eligabilty of Free School Meals on arrival of your first day of activity. If your chid is not in receipt of Free School Meals you can access the Positive Activities offer for all children here.