Agreement for participation on Platforms:
Young Person Requirements for Participation
Young People must sign up/apply for the session they wish to join in advance
Spaces are limited in groups therefore we will hold waiting lists, the participant will be placed in their
first choice of group were possible, if the demand is high a second group will be considered
It is advised that personal information must not be in view where possible.
Young People must dress suitably for the session
Young People must adhere to the conduct of the session throughout the session
All persons must be respectful to each other throughout the session
Young People should be ready and online to start the session 10 minutes before for a prompt start
The Parent/Guardian/Carer must be aware of discussions that will occur in group sessions that may impact or
trigger emotional issues.
E-safety and Mental Health awareness is more than ever important, parent/carers are to discuss with young
people. To find support with the following links:
Staff and young people will create a group agreement to ensure that all feel welcome and can
Staff reserve the right to remove any participant from the session
A total of two verbal warnings will be given then the third will be removal from the session.
Young People that have been removed will be permitted to participate in the following session, should
the incidents occur again the Young person will miss a session.
Should the issue continue the Young Person removed from the group until resolved.
I/We the Parent/Guardian/Carer understand that I am/we are present during online group sessions to ensure safety online with my/our child/young people particularly with younger children. I/We have been given links as best practice for further review to support my child/young person online:
Young Person minimum requirements / code of conduct for participation:
Young Person minimum requirements for participation:
- Young People must sign up/apply for the session they wish to join in advance Spaces are limited in groups therefore we will hold waiting lists.
- The participant will be placed in their first choice of group were possible, if the demand is high a second group will be considered It is advised that personal information must not be in view where possible
- Young People should be ready and online to start the session 10 minutes before for a prompt start
- The young person is the correct age and suitable for selected group session
- The young person has a suitable space to join session
- The young person and/or parent/guardian/carer understand terms of participation
- Zoom ID must have first name and initial of Surname only
- Screens must be on at all times
- Microphones must be on mute – lead staff will control if necessary
- Suitable clothing for participation
- Suitable and age appropriate language at all times – particularly if in a mixed age group session
- Agree to meet code of conduct at all times within session
- Respect to participants and staff at all times by listening and remaining quiet, giving others the chance to speak and positive towards others
- Reminder of 1st, 2nd and final warning process (see conduct set out below)
- ‘NEED to KNOW’ agreement during a session. Participants shouldn’t share confidential information ranging from phone numbers/addresses etc. even sensitive information such as being out/holiday periods or any topics involving family issues or personal situations. If the participant does begin to share the staff lead in the group will use ‘NEED to KNOW’ as the key word which will let participants know that they are oversharing without having a lengthy discussion.
- Staff reserve the right to remove any participant from the online group session if their behaviour is not within the terms of conduct/expectations for participation
- A total of two verbal warnings will be given then the third will be removal from the session.
- Young People that have been removed will be permitted to participate in the following session, should the incidents occur again the Young person will miss a session.
- Should the issue continue the child/ young person removed from the group until resolved.
Face to Face Sessions
Please not the information below is to help you prepare for your face to face activity:
How the activities work
- You must request a space on an activity and then make payment via the contact centre to confirm your place.
- Arrive to your activity at least 10mins before the start time to register at the pickup and drop of point at the venue. Please follow signs when you arrive onsite.
- All equipment will be supplied, please do not bring any of your own equipment with you to an activity.
- All equipment will clean cleaned down before and after use.
- Parents and carers will not be able to wait onsite - ‘drop off and pick up’ only
- Everyone will need to follow social distancing rules.
- Young People will be reminded to wash hands thoroughly and hand sanitisers will be available.
- PPE equipment will be onsite if required to use.
- You may be sent some additional information that you will need to complete, sign and send back once payment has been made for our providers. i.e: Horse Experience Days and Watersports.
- All young people will need to be able to understand and follow instructions from staff to ensure social distancing takes place at all times. If young person is not able to do so, parents and carers will be notified to collect their young person.
What to bring/wear:
- Bring a copy of your payment confirmation.
- A bottle of water with your child’s name labelled on it.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. Keep safe in the sun by bringing water and sunscreen if it’s hot.
How we’re working to keep activity spaces safe:
- We’re taking public health advice and working with spaces to ensure that they are maintained in a way that reduces the chance of coronavirus transmission.
- All spaces and equipment are thoroughly cleaned both before and after activities. This includes toilet facilities.
- We have risk assessments and procedures in place to ensure best practice is delivered.
What to do if you feel unwell:
You will not be able to attend the activity if you, or anyone in your household, is suffering from COVID-19 symptoms. You should follow government guidance and self-isolate at home.
I/We the parent/carer/guardian understand and agree to the expected conduct above online and face to face sessions set out below and will ensure our son/daughter agree to conduct throughout participation.
Online Group Sessions:
The Online Sessions are facilitated on Zoom.
All group sessions logged on the internal EHM system within 0 -19 Early Help Service to:
- record participation levels of young people in attendance
- evaluation and outcomes of engagement and the session content
- follow up or next session requirements
- concerns or issues that may arise with young people as a group or individually
I/We the parent/carer/guardian understand and agree to the use of the platform Zoom and give consent to the 0-19 Early Help Team to record the sessions for monitoring purposes.
If you do not agree to logging of participation, we are not able to agree or accept your children or young person to take part in the online group sessions.
What happens next?
- Once you have submitted this sign up form, you will be sent an email to verify your email so you can access your Myspace account.
- If you apply and sign up for the first time, you will be contacted by one of our team members via phone call to verify your young person.
Checks and Verification Process - It is imperative that we carry out additional checks for online group sessions as it is a LIVE Online session therefore safeguarding is a priority.
- Once you have been approved you will be able to access your myspace area where the links for Zoom meetings details for your sessions.
- Barnet staff will carry out a final verification check 5-10mins before the first session allowing members individually into the Zoom session to check who they are from the waiting room.
Please click on this link to read Barnet’s Family Services - What you should know about COVID-19 to protect yourself and others (LINK UP PDF – COVID19 guidance for Activities – Venue)
Cancellations are required in writing to BYES@Barnet.gov.uk. Where a cancellation was made “at the last minute” with less than 24 hours notice refunds are not authorised as we are unable to re-allocate the place to another young person. Where notice has been given for a cancellation including sickness or COVID – 19 symptoms the 0 – 19 Early Help Service will; offer another activity or re-scheduling of a place and/or a credit note to attend activities within the delivery year. If this is not possible a refund will be offered.